Role and main responsibilities:
Coordinate the implementation of BoPInc’s project activities from our office in Dhaka as well as in the field
Conduct qualitative and quantitative market analysis and baseline/end-line studies for Monitoring & Evaluation in our projects
Design, develop and execute a strategy for a rural sales network for various products for low-income consumer groups such as water filters.
- Provide creative input for the design of marketing materials including posters and videos
- Attend and report on regular meetings with BoPInc’s project partner organization
- Quality assurance for services implemented by BoPInc’s project partners and report results to BoPInc project lead
- Develop and deliver visually attractive and engaging presentations and trainings for rural sales agents
- Day to day management of sales activities in the field
- Generate granular sales reports with recommendations for how to increase overall sales, conversion ratios, and customer retention
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience focused on business development, sales, marketing and distribution for low-income consumer groups (with incomes below 8 US$ per day), ideally in the FMCG/ Food-Nutrition (consumables) sector
- Knowledge and experience in supply chains and the last-mile distribution challenges and opportunities in rural and urban markets
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders; government, top development players, large MNC’s, rural SME’s
- Excellent communication skills, in both English and Bengali and ability to prepare own materials
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay outside Dhaka on a regular basis for project implementation
- Affinity with the mission of BoP Innovation Center.
- Strong curiosity to understand and benefit low-income consumers and markets.
A motivated, multidisciplinary and culturally diverse team of professionals with staff in Dhaka and project managers from BoPInc’s Head Office in the Netherlands
- A nurturing and international environment for new ideas and innovations
- Opportunities to be trained on essential skills and tools for Inclusive Business support
- Market-based salary
BoPInc believes in the power of co-creation and inclusive business as a means to improve the living standards of the poor:
- We believe that impact-driven entrepreneurship changes the world.
- For this we nurture go-getters with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- To tackle big societal problems cooperation is crucial: we activate and mobilize groups of people and organizations to make the most of their combined talent.
- There is no impact without execution, so we do!
- We are young, eager to learn and always pushing existing boundaries.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Also the candidate must be willing to reside at the mentioned job location
Start date for this position is Feb 1st 2019
Application deadline is Dec 18th 2018
Only applications through the platform will be considered.
Need additional info?
Chaity Ali Azmee Chaity (email@example.com).
We do not appreciate third party mediation.